AUDIT & ASSURANCE
Rizwan & Company provide a range of audit and assurance services designed to identify, manage and respond to all types of risk.These services include performing audits of financial statement of Limited companies, partnerships and societies. We conduct audits of clients as stipulated under the various laws in Pakistan and also conduct them as special assignments where requirement of audit is not mandatory. These include management audits, internal audits and investigations.
- External Audit
- Internal Audit
Member firm independent audit services are based on the regulatory requirements of relevant jurisdictions.
- Through our quality control procedures, we ensure our members are performing to the highest quality standards.
- Member firms are kept up to date on developments in audit standards.
- Strict principles are applied, by which all member firms must conduct their audit work.
The external audit of an entity’s financial statements is by far the most common type of audit engagement, yet the importance attached to an external audit rests above all. The external auditor has the responsibility towards not only the management of the organization, but also the external and internal users of the financial statements. It is this fiduciary responsibility, which requires the auditor to be diligent in performance of his duties as external auditor. The recent national and international advancements in the field of auditing requires the auditor to be careful in assessing as to which procedures and to what extent he has to perform in order to achieve the desired level of assurance, how he derives assurance from the work he has performed and whether the opinion he is to give is supported by the work he has performed.
Rizwan & Company performs audits in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and the guidelines set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. As a part of the standard practice.
- The audit client’s systems are studied, and compliance checked in order to ascertain the risk areas and plan the type of tests to be carried out.
- Initial risk assessments of the client are carried out and nature timing and extent of audit steps are determined to keep audit risk at an acceptably low level.
- The audit procedures are documented in the shape of audit programs, which are modified for each audit.
- The audit plan is communicated to the selected audit team, which is thoroughly briefed about the nature of client’s business and the audit procedures to be performed.
- It is ensured that the audit team is supervised by persons having the relevant experience and expertise.
- The audit fieldwork is supervised and reviewed at every stage as it progresses.
- The audit manager ensures completeness of audit fieldwork in accordance with planned procedures.
- The audit working paper file is finally reviewed by the Partner before forming any opinion on the financial statements.
- The client’s management is also provided with a letter of weaknesses and management letter to highlight any weaknesses in the systems noted during the course of audit.
- During the whole course of audit, the manager and partner keep close liaison with the client and the audit team.
- It is ensured that at no stage the firm’s principles of integrity, objectivity, independence and confidentiality are compromised.
Internal Audits add value to the business by aiding the management in business decision-making. It serves as a management tool in checking compliance with the policies and procedures and management directives. It also serves the management in assessing the soundness of the systems and procedures and indicates areas where the policies and procedures need revision.
Rizwan & Company assists the organizations in adding value to the business by providing internal auditing services, which include:
- Reviewing the soundness and adequacy of existing accounting, financial, and other operating controls and identifying areas which need revision/improvement in policies and procedures.
- Checking compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Suggesting ways to improve performance and operational controls.
- Performance evaluations.
Special Audit, Compilation and Review Services
Rizwan & Company also provides attestation to the reliability of a wide range of information, including